вторник, 8 декабря 2009 г.

Christmas Fun with Felt

Christmas Fun with Felt

I’m a little obsessed with felt this Christmas. I think it’s because C is 2 this year and I’m feeling the urge to really do it up with homemade decor. To this novice seamstress felt feels like a very approachable and non-threatening material. It doesn’t fray, comes in lots of beautiful colors, and conveys a kind of handmade goodness that goes well with imperfect stitching. Here are a handful of easy felt projects that I’ve been collecting over the last few weeks.


photo via MADE

These monogrammed ornaments featured on say YES! to hoboken and created by Dana over at Made would brighten up any tree. I think a few of these draped around the neck of a nice bottle of wine would be a particularly nice hostess gift. Click through for 5 more pretty projects.


photo via Family Circle

Over at Family Circle they suggest using these felt pine cones for table settings but I think they would look great stuck in some garland hanging over a mantle.


photo via Martha Stewart

Of course the classic felt Christmas item is the stocking and that’s what I’ll be using my stack for. I really like Martha Stewart’s suggestion of adding elements to the stockings each year based on your kids’ interests.


photo via Skip to my Lou

Since 5 month old S doesn’t have a whole lot of interests yet I’ll start her stocking off with a Christmas dove inspired by this advent calendar from Skip to my Lou. C is getting a train on his stocking.


photo via Happy Together

And don’t forget to put all the left over scraps to good use by making something like these simple and sweet trees from Happy Together (spotted by me at ohdeedoh).


photo via ohdeedoh

Here’s a last minute addition, a mistletoe kissing ball from ohdeedoh. I laughed when I read Katie’s proclamation that “your kids will have a blast trying to avoid getting anywhere near it”.


Original article and pictures take modernparentsmessykids.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий