пятница, 19 марта 2010 г.

D.I.Y - valentine owl treat bags!

D.I.Y - valentine owl treat bags!
Here's a simple and sweet do.it.yourself project you may find to be a hoot.

With valentines coming up... you may want to make a special treat bag for your sweetheart... or for the kids to take to school!


A bunch of us bloggers/gal pals surprised the lovely Caren for her birthday yesterday... and I had made these heart hoots for the occasion (since she's a fellow owl enthusiast!).


Step 1. Cut a template of a heart/owl shape (don't hate me for cutting up one of my daughter's masterpieces).

2. Fold some brown craft paper so that with every cut you get two heart/owls.


3. Paint some quick circles for the eyes... and chevron stripes for the feathers with white acrylic/craft paint. (You don't have to stress it, or be an 'artist'... keep it simple).


4. Use a permanent marker (mine was sepia brown) to sketch in some quick eyes, eyelashes and a beak.

5. Run the edges through your sewing machine with white thread... while a 'pocket' still remains open.. slide in your treats (I used heart gingersnaps, but you could throw any small candy/notes/money inside!). Finish sewing the edge and you're done.


You can personalise a message on the back: "Hoo loves you!" or "Owl love you forever" or

"You're a hoot" or "my tweet*heart"... whatever cheesy notion you can muster!


Hope you found that to be a sweet & simple project for any upcoming festivities.

I'm still kicking myself for taking a 'dead' camera to the surprise party... would have had pictures of all the lovely ladies there too!


Mel ;o)


Original article and pictures take needleandnestdesign.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий