среда, 30 июня 2010 г.

diy {flag paper clips}

diy {flag paper clips}

These days when I tell my kids that one of my friends is going to have a new son or daughter they ask if the baby is adopted or in the mommy’s tummy. Over the past few years at any given point in time I’ve had at least 3 friends in the midst of an adoption process. When I’ve announced a pregnancy friends have surprised me with fun little gifts related to having child growing inside me. I’m learning that for those that begin the adoption process it is very much like finding out your pregnant. The news of a coming child is exciting, but often not as noticed since the mom isn’t getting rounder each month. Recently a good friend announced they were beginning the adoption process. I wanted to celebrate with her, but traditional pregnancy gifts didn’t seem to fit. So….I made her a little gift of cute paper clips and my favorite pens for all that writing she’d be doing during the first phase of paper work craziness!


6.1.11-07

A little while back I saw some cute paper clips on pinterest. I pinned them to my “Things to make” board. I appreciate that on pinterest you can find the original site for images/projects. I think it is important to give credit to not just ideas you recreate, but also to those that inspire your own projects. I went to the original site, La Casa Degli Antuche, to see if there was a tutorial. I used Google Translator to read the text (great resource when you are on sites in other languages). There was not a tutorial, so I decided to create my own. I like the pointed end of the original paperclips better, but all I could find was rounded.


6.1.11-01a

My supplies:


Scrap fabric


Heat-n-Bond fabric adhesive sheets


Iron


Paperclips


Scissors



Step 1: Cut your fabric to be about 2 inches long. Cut strips of the adhesive paper to be an inch long and as wide as the fabric.



Step 2: Iron the adhesive to the fabric, cut into thin strips.


Step 3: Slide fabric into the paper clips, remove adhesive backing, iron to the other end of the fabric


Step 4: TRIM the sides and end of fabric


Aren’t they so cute?! My friends are adopting a little girl…so pink seemed fun & festive.

And it other DIY news I have a few of my other projects to share:


* a tutorial for a Father’s Day gift over on Design Aglow (I’m not posting details here…Chris reads this, but I am trusting him not to visit Design Aglow…got that Chris?! If you aren’t Chris, go visit the post for a personalized Father’s Day gift)


* a tutorial for giving a Cobbler’s stand a new purpose on Design*Sponge (to be posted sometime today)


*a tutorial for creating a plant stand out of a vintage food mill on Design*Sponge



Have you seen the newly redesigned Design*Sponge? The search features are amazing! You can search diy projects based on materials, difficulty, cost, etc. You can also do custom searches for home projects, design and entertaining…among tons of other things. I love the new look and I am so honored to be a part of the Design*Sponge team!


Original article and pictures take creaturecomfortsblog.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий