пятница, 1 апреля 2011 г.

DIY Eucalyptus Garland

DIY Eucalyptus Garland
DIY Eucalyptus garland

Of course we gotta welcome my favorite season with a simple DIY. Happy first day of fall!!! The easiest way to bring the season into the home is by bringing in whatever flowers and greens are in season. That probably sounds really obvious, but I feel like this is the first time I’m very serious about that fact.


Fall makes me think of greens and foliage, more specifically eucalyptus. I love it for how it can stand alone and look bangin’ just thrown into a vase, which is mostly what will probably be going on in my home this season. For today’s post though, I took it just a little bit further and made a really easy and minimal garland with seeded eucalyptus, perfect for fall party decor or for no reason at all other than it’s pretty and you want to look at it on your wall (that was my reason).


materials

Materials:

-seeded eucalyptus

floral shears

-cord or string

floral wire

-wire cutters


cut
I started by cutting up the eucalyptus into its individual branches while also cutting off any bulky or crazy wayward looking pieces.

wire
Next, I attached each branch to the string by wrapping wire all along the main stem.

wire wrapped

wire end
I did this all along the string with all the branches, slightly overlapping the new branch with the previous branch so that it looked as continuous as possible.

Eucalyptus garland
And then it just needs to be hung up. Anywhere. Where wouldn’t it look good??

DIY- Eucalyptus garland

Eucalyptus garland DIY

In the past, I think I’ve looked at seasonal decorating as a major overhaul, which made me feel unmotivated about it and not want to get too seasonal around here, but I can get down with keeping to simple details (favorite). Are you into seasonal decorating?



Original article and pictures take www.homeyohmy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий