пятница, 5 апреля 2013 г.

DIY WOOD BUNTING

DIY WOOD BUNTING

I can never leave anything well enough alone. I made this GEOMETRIC WOOD GARLAND for STYLED e-mag and while I was searching for an idea for my Valentine's Swap for THE STATIONERY PLACE, I decided to make some more. So, here is the bunting version.


You will need:


wood veneer cards, scissors, embroidery thread, needle, 1/16" punch


Cut the cards lengthwise in half. Cut each strip in half again. Cut notches at bottom.



Punch holes in card, about 1/8" to 1/4" from the edges. *Tip: using the punch, go in from the side, if you cut perpendicular to the grain, you can minimize splitting the wood. Small splits are ok, but be super gentle to avoid breakage.



Thread a needle with embroidery floss, I used metallic silver here, and thread away.



For each of my Valentine's I used 10 flags. These buntings are cute on their own but can be used to embellish a gift or hang as a cake bunting. Enjoy!


Original article and pictures take jennybatt.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий