понедельник, 21 сентября 2009 г.

butcher paper spring wreath

butcher paper spring wreath
IMG_8902
As you may know I love to celebrate the seasons with a unique hand crafted wreath and for spring I decided to create a fresh, all white wreath made completely from butcher paper.

IMG_8871
I always keep rolls of butcher paper on hand- it is one of the cheapest and most versatile supplies!

IMG_8874
I started by cutting large strips of butcher paper and scrunched it up.

IMG_8872
I then wrapped and glued it around a styrofoam wreath form.

IMG_8880
Next, I created paper flowers by cutting out circles

IMG_8881
that I crumbled up

IMG_8882
to add texture.

IMG_8883
Using hot glue (this makes it quick and easy) I layered the different circles on top of each other.

IMG_8884

IMG_8886

IMG_8888
I created the center detail of the flowers by crumbling up tiny pieces of paper.

IMG_8891
I glued the crumbled piece to the center of the flowers.

IMG_8877
I created all sorts of flowers in different sizes- enough to fill the wreath.

IMG_8894
I decided to create some little leaves for the wreath. By scrunching leaf shaped pieces of paper to add a little dimension.

IMG_8897

IMG_8905
Last, I glued all of the flowers and leaves to the surface of the wreath.

IMG_8907
And there you have it- a simple, cheap and pretty wreath perfect for spring!

IMG_5855

Looking for more spring tutorials and creative inspiration? A whole bunch of my fabulous and creative friends are posting tutorials on their blogs this week!


Original article and pictures take alisaburke.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий