вторник, 15 марта 2011 г.

DIY Embroidered t-shirt

DIY Embroidered t-shirt
DIY embroidered t-shirt

Stitched Gifts

DIY embroidered t-shirt

Yesterday I shared some big news that I've been keeping a secret for a while now- my book! I wanted to style a special photo shoot with some hand embroidered elements in my clothing to help announce the news. It's been about a billion degrees here in NY, so I took a plain tank top and fancied it up with some simple stitches.


I usually always use cotton DMC thread, but for these tops I used silk thread I got from Purl Soho. I was so surprised how much they pop with a few quick and simple stitches- the running stitch and blanket stitch. The trickiest part is that t-shirt material is stretchy, so you can't pull too tight or it'll pucker. I did pull tightly on the blanket stitch around the neckline though, because I liked how it created a scalloped edge when pulled tight.


Don't worry about being perfect. I wasn't precious with these stitches, just let them be organic in pattern, length, and followed the curves of the neckline as a guide. It's the overall affect and colors that will add interest- not perfect stitches!


DIY embroidered t-shirt
The blanket stitch and how to end a length of thread...

DIY embroidered t-shirt

Hope you give it a try!


Original article and pictures take miniaturerhino.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий